Welcome to Friends of Rails to Trails Vancouver Island (FORT-VI).
Click on the button below to view the FORT-VI Presentation
To convert the existing rails within the Vancouver Island Corridor into a non-motorized, multi-use recreation trail.
- Locals would utilize the trails for local commuting or pleasure while avoiding the hazards, congestion and noise of the road.
- Cyclists could travel between local communities for shopping, work or pleasure.
- Walkers and hikers could pick up the trails at any location for a peaceful outing.
- The trails could be a drawing card for national and international tourists as the trails would link communities up and down Vancouver Island.
- Existing train stations could be made into information booths giving directions to local attractions and accommodations.